1. Do you make a list when you go grocery shopping?Yes! I have learned that this saves me time and money. To be honest, I used to HATE grocery shopping. But now, as long as I am prepared with my list, I actually enjoy it. I plan a menu for the week and then base my grocery list on the menu items and the sale items from the store paper.
2. Do you buy more groceries when you're hungry?Of course! I always end up with a few things in my cart that weren't on my list..... "hmm how did that get there?.... oh well I'm hungry!"
3. Coupons. Use 'em?Not to offend the Queen, but certain underlings in my circle have called me "The Coupon Queen." On a weekly basis I plan my shopping trips based mostly upon what coupons I have. I pair coupons with sale items to get great deals and usually save about 50% of my bill. I also print coupons from http://www.coupons.com/ and I look for deals at http://www.moneysavingmom.com/ to maximize my savings.
4. Have you ever complained to the manager of your grocery store?I've been known to ask for a rain check on a sale item that was out of stock so that I can still get the sale price when they get the item back in stock again :) Never hurts... some stores do it and some don't.
5. Do you like to buy groceries at huge chain stores like WalMart? Or do you shop exclusively at food stores?I don't like WalMart, the one near my house is dirty and busy and just not worth it. I shop at Fresh & Easy, Fry's (Kroger), and Walgreens.
6. How much time do you spend reading labels in the grocery store?
READ Ingredient labels? I try not to....
7. Do you push your own grocery cart to the car and return it?Push it to the car, yes. Return it... depends on how close the cart corral is. If I have my kids in the car I'm not gonna leave them in the car to walk all the way to the end of the aisle to put my cart in the corral. Or sometimes I'm just lazy.... but I do return it when I can.
8. What is the one food item you always buy at the grocery store that you can't live without?My children would start a riot if we didn't have Milk, Cereal, Macaroni & Cheese, Apple Juice, and Crackers and/or Chips in the house each week. As far as myself... I could live off of Coffee and Fresh Vegetables and pasta of any kind... and probably be happy... except for that once a month when I get a glazed look in my eye and need to have chocolate. I try to keep a secret stash of chocolate on hand for such occasions but the rest of the family hasn't yet learned to stay out of my chocolate stash and I end up at Walgreens in my pajamas at 11 pm buying Kit Kats and Reese's... yeah I'm THAT person.