Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Aromatherapy Bath Time for Headache or Migraine

Aromatherapy Bath Time!

One of the best things I have found to help with headaches and migraines is a nice soothing bath with aromatherapy!  I just wanted to share a couple of the products I use for a bath with aromatherapy to help soothe my headaches and migraines!

First of all, I light candles in the bathroom.  This way I can take a bath with the lights off, but am still able to see well enough that I don't slip and fall.  This is great if you have sensitivity to light during your headache or migraine.  But, you should be careful when using scented candles, as the perfumes used can sometimes make a migraine or headache worse.  Use non-scented candles, or a scented candle that you have used before without any side-effects.  You may want to try this aromatherapy candle, specifically designed with scents to help soothe a headache; http://www.scentsandscentsabilities.com/store/product114.html


I found this blended "bath tea" at a local shop and I just love it!  They have a few different aromatherapy scents available, and of course my favorite for headache or migraine is the one called "Headache" at the bottom of the list.  http://www.scentsandscentsabilities.com/store/page38.html

I also like to add in a few handfuls of Dr. Teal's Epsom Salt Soaking Solution in the Chamomile scent.  There is also a Lavender scent available but I find the chamomile scent to be the most helpful for headache pain.

You may wish to roll up a small towel to place under your neck for some neck support while you soak in your hot bath.  Breathe deeply and evenly to get the full benefits of the aromatherapy, and allow the hot water and Epsom salts to soothe away muscle pain and tension.

For migraines, this is not a cure, but it can help shorten the duration of your migraine or reduce the severity of the symptoms.  It can help you relax enough to get some sleep.

I hope this helps anyone who suffers from Migraines, tension headaches, or headaches in general!  You may also be interested in my previous blog post; Migraine Relief Kit

No comments:

Post a Comment