The Queen of Memes has asked her subjects for beauty tips! I shall try to comply, though I'm not very "girly" in that respect... but here I go, I will try to answer this week's prissy questions!
1. What is your favorite lipstick color and why?
I've never been into lipstick before... I always would wear just a light lip gloss or a light colored lipstick. But right after my 31st birthday I discovered the joy of RED lipstick! I don't know the exact shade... I just know it's dark and bright and makes me feel fabulous!
2. How long does it take you to get ready to go to work in the morning?
That would depend on how long I have to get ready! If I get up 20 minutes before I have to leave, I can be dressed and have my make up done by the time I leave. If I get up 40 minutes before I have to leave, I might do something with my hair other than a pony-tail. But, I've been known to get up only 7 minutes before I have to leave for work.... I still get "ready to go to work"... but it becomes limited to just getting dressed and walking out the door.
3. Do you have your nails professionally done? Mani? Pedi?
Every once in a great while I will get my nails done.... I love how they feel and look when I get them done but it's not often an expense I can justify. I've only gotten a professional pedicure twice - I loved it but it's not something I would spend money on all the time.
4. Tell us about your latest spa experience - real or imagined.Spa? Well, 3 or 4 years ago my hubby got me a day at a fancy spa for Mother's Day. It was fabulous! I got my nails done, got a fancy bath with all kinds of salts and scents added in, and a great massage. That was definatley a great experience... hey isn't Mother's Day coming up again?
5. Is there something you'd like to change about your appearance? Would you ever have cosmetic surgery? I would change my teeth. I need to get some work done on my teeth, and a whitening would be nice too but those are not good for you. Cosmetic surgery? well... to be honest I WOULD get a boob job if I won the lottery or something. Not to make them bigger, but just to make them... more shapely. 3 kids equals rather deflated ta-tas.
6. How do you take care of your skin?
wash it. apply lotion if needed.
7. Tell us your secrets for vibrant, shiny, healthy-looking hair.
Wash it. Sometimes 3 or 4 times a week. I like Herbal Essences shampoo.
8. What is your favorite fragrance?
Lavender. or Vanilla. I like light scents. I do NOT like perfume... many perfumes give me headaches. Something light scented in a body spray or lotion is all I need, and all I can really handle.
9. Everyone has a certain color they love to wear. What is yours?
10. Do you have ink?
11. How would you describe your personal style?
90's grunge meets thrift store mom. (Jeans and t-shirts)
Read other replies to these same questions here at The Queen's Meme!