Thursday, November 29, 2012

Tinsel Tissue Box "Gift" Decorations

So I saw this idea on Pinterest, but can't remember who pinned it or what website it came from!  But I could remember enough to try and make my own, even without instructions!  These turned out GREAT, it was fun to make, and I love how they look in my home!
 
Here's what you need;
empty tissue boxes
Tinsel Garland (your choice of colors)
Some pretty holiday ribbon & bows.
A hot glue gun & hot glue sticks
 
 
How to make it:
Start by wrapping the tinsel around the tissue box.  Use the hot glue gun to hold it in place, and layer it together close enough that you can't see very much of the tissue box showing through.


 
.....around and around you go.  Glue, Tinsel, turn, repeat.

 
Back and forth with the tinsel garland across the top of the box.  I didn't cover the bottom of the box, so it sits flat.

 
Wrap with ribbon and add a pretty bow, just like you would a present!  Use the hot glue gun again to hold the ribbon and bow in place if needed.

 
Here is another one I made;


 
So Pretty!

 
Here they are on display!  Pretty sparkly presents!  And I up-cycled those tissue boxes, they won't go in the trash but will continue to live on as Holiday decorations for many years to come!
 
Oh, and if you are interested in the pinecone vase centerpiece between the two gift box decorations, click HERE to see my blog on how I made that!
 
Interested in another UPCYLCLE Holiday Craft?  Check out the Holiday Wreath we made out of plastic grocery bags!
 
HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!

1 comment:

  1. WOW! Beautiful! This is Pinterest worthy, girl! Are you on Pinterest?

    ReplyDelete